All these lovely posts about perfect family adventures and Pinterest worthy meals make me wonder about the story behind them. You know, the version of the story we don’t broadcast on the WWW.
So I came up with the concept of sharing some of our behind the post dramas and I call it FaKebook.
FaKebook is the version of the story that you want everyone to see or know and Real Life is the version of the same story that you don’t really share for whatever reason…
[Real Life Version]
- I did something at the gym that is making me walk funny and I was trying to get to the tub all day but I have small people and soaking in the tub makes you way too vulnerable so I had to wait until the babies were safely contained. (Submerged in water, naked, door shut… anything could happen.)
- In other words… it took me until 8 pm to work on my personal hygiene. Better late than never, I guess.
- Hubby was home sick today.
(Can I get a moment of silence from my fellow ladies? Thank you.)
- Don’t my toenails look pretty? Even seasonally appropriate, right?
Wrong. Those suckers have so many disgusting layers of paint on them that I am going to have to buy bigger shoes if I keep this up. I think I have colors under there that date back to June and don’t even ask when I last had a pedicure. You are just lucky that the photo came out blurry and you can’t see the nasty that is going on.
- The bubbles are made from baby shampoo and they lasted for about 4.7 seconds after I took this picture.
- The book is the same book I mentioned a loooong time ago in this post. Taking my time apparently.
- I got totally distracted by making the Instagram post and I only read a few more pages. Just pacing myself.
(But seriously, I am loving the feedback from this survey I gave you guys. Keep it up! Please?)
- The football game was loud and annoying.
- MaryGrace was screaming in her room because she saw me start the bath water and wanted to take one too.
- My sink is full of dirty dishes and there are piles of laundry everywhere.
(I don’t know about you but I do my best relaxing when everything is in order. This was NOT the case.)
So the sweet photo of me relaxing in the tub with a good book definitely had another story to tell.
Aren’t we all guilty of this to some extent?
It seriously cracks me up. The next time you make a post, take a minute to see if you have anything outside the frame that might make you giggle a bit at your own hypocrisy.
I would love to see more. Let’s tag them with #FaKebookConfessions so they are easy to find.
This whole mothering thing is a lot easier when you can laugh about it.
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet, if you can handle more of my crazy antics…click here and like my Facebook page… you know you don’t never miss an excuse to feel better about yourself at my expense.
Also, I know your email box is sacred and you have worked ever so diligently to protect it like a mother bird protecting her young… but I really think you should leave your email address in the subscribe bar.
I cross my heart I won’t abuse being including in your circle of trust… I won’t spam you, I won’t sell your information, I just don’t want you to miss a thing!