All these lovely posts about perfect family adventures and Pinterest worthy meals make me wonder about the story behind them. You know, the version of the story we don’t broadcast on the WWW.
So I came up with the concept of sharing some of our behind the post dramas and I call it FaKebook.
For those of you who are just joining in the #FaKebookFriday madness, here is my definition of this phenomena:
FaKebook Friday (noun)
- the situation or circumstance in which life looks perfect on social media and yet, it’s all a big fat FAKE.
- FaKebook is an attempt to uncover and peel back the thick social media layer and comically reveal the “real” behind the post.
- FaKebook is also intended to relieve the pressures placed upon ourselves while comparing our own bloopers to our “friends” highlight reel.
(Basically, I make a fool of myself… you are welcome.)
- FaKebook is the version of the story that you want everyone to see or know
- (Antonym): Real Life: the version of the same story that you don’t really share for whatever reason…
Well would you look at that? Sure looks like #Supermom is at it again… now with her precious cherubs at the library, on a Monday… in the morning!
[Real Life Version]
- I had dropped the big boys off for school and was trying to get to the gym.
I had an hour to kill before my class and the library is pretty much on the way.
(Essentially, it seemed like the responsible/good mother thing to do.)
- I had over due items to return and I am tired of being in debt to the library.
(Seriously, it’s not the tax dollars keeping the library open, it’s the Spratts.)
- They really didn’t want anything to do with any of the books (which is sorta the point of the library). They just wanted to play (loudly) on the train table and pound the keys on the computer keyboard.
- My kids threw a huge tantrum and refused to go sit with all the other sweet children and listen to story time. (Envision 2 screaming toddlers… in the library.)
- After said tantrum throwing ensued we quickly left.
(Pretty much we were only there long enough to take these pictures and make the post. #FaKebook)
- We still managed to check out 8 movies and only one book.
- We went to the gym early and the kids sat in childcare for 45 minutes more than necessary.
Well there you have it! The [Real Life] version behind our lovely trip to the library!
I dare you to debunk one of your own posts and hashtag it #FaKebookFriday or #FBF
~ The Worlds Okayest Mom
Subscribe to my email list and get 5 beautiful inspiring printables for your home.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Did you enter to win one of my favorite things? Well, you should! Click here to read the post and get yourself entered to win! Who doesn’t like free stuff???